Graphics and Print are very conscious of the environmental issues associated with the print industry, and are therefore proud to confirm that we have achieved our certification to the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and the PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of the Forest Certification) schemes.
FSC or PEFC certification ensures that the forest products used are from a responsibly harvested and verified source.
To lessen environmental impacts of our products we:
• Manufacture from chemical-free printing plates by means of alcohol-free printing presses that use vegetable based inks.
• Offer soft proofing and FTP uploading of files to reduce materials and resources.
• Produce all work in-house to diminish transport miles – as far as operational factors allow.
• Offer reduced packing options, all of which can be recycled.
• Recommend that at the end of their life all our products can be recycled at our customers’ discretion.
• Add the appropriate logo to communicate with the end users to remind them of the recyclability of the product.
• Recycle all our waste but ONLY after making every effort to reduce or eliminate it.
• Carry out Duty of Care visits to all our major suppliers to assess their environmental practices. • Commit to environmental best practice before, during and after production so that our customers can have justifiable faith in our green credentials.
Our commitment is to:
• Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations.
• Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
• Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities.
• Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
• Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
• Ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
• Comply with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the firm subscribes.
• Maintain our certification to ISO 14001 through rigorous monitoring and review of our performance.
To meet our commitments we:
• Regularly review environmental policies and performance, and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation.
• Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
• Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy and performance on a regular basis, and encourage feedback.
• Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our people.
• Work together with our employees, service partners, suppliers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
• Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients.
• Review our environmental policy regularly.
• Responsible Waste Management
• All hazardous waste is collected by a registered waste carrier in compliance with Hazardous Waste Regulations (2005), and over 90% is recycled.
• All aluminium is recycled, from printing plates to drinks cans.
• All paper waste from production is recycled; most office paper waste is recycled.
• Almost all paper waste is recycled, from pallet wrap to milk cartons.